Back Pain Centers of America announces new physician joining team of network member Minimally Invasive Spine CarePress Release
Oct 25, 2016
Dr. Hiroyuki Yoshihara, M.D., PhD joins team of spine surgeons within Back Pain Centers of America network
ATLANTA, GA – October 25, 2016 – Back Pain Centers of America (BPC), which connects people searching for solutions to their neck and back pain with a reputable physician in their area, announces that Dr. Hiroyuki Yoshihara, M.D., PhD, has joined Minimally Invasive SpineCARE®, the Dallas-based group of clinics in the Back Pain Centers’ network. Dr. Yoshihara is helping to serve the growth in number of patients seeking spine care from the practice.
“We are happy to welcome Dr. Yoshihara to Minimally Invasive SpineCARE,” says Dr. Douglas Won, M.D., founder and CEO of Lumin Health, including its Minimally Invasive SpineCARE division. “By being a part of the Back Pain Centers of America network, it enables more patients to learn about the experience and medical leadership of Dr. Yoshihara and our other specialists who have treated over forty-five thousand patients to date.”
“Minimally Invasive SpineCARE has an outstanding medical team and staff,” says Brent Wheeler, President of Back Pain Centers of America. “We congratulate Dr. Won for attracting talent such as Dr. Yoshihara and building a superlative team of physicians and specialists. Back Pain Centers of America serves the patient community and seeks to only have reputable, experienced practices in our network. Minimally Invasive SpineCARE exemplifies that goal and we are proud of the growth and reputation they have achieved.”
About Dr. Hiroyuki Yoshihara, M.D., PhD
- Graduated from medical school and completed both his residency and orthopedics internship at Nagoya City University Medical School in Japan
- Earned a PhD from Nagoya City University Graduate School in Japan after completing extensive research into regeneration of the post-injury spinal cord at Drexel University’s College of Medicine in Philadelphia
- Completed multiple fellowships, including a spine surgery fellowship at Niigata Spine Surgery Center and Hokkaido University in Japan; a clinical spine and scoliosis surgery fellowship at Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City, New York; and additional spine surgery fellowships at the University of Colorado and the NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases
- Published dozens of first-author articles and papers, resulting in Dr. Yoshihara being one of the most first-author published spine surgeons in the world
- Licensed in both the United States and Japan and is an Orthopedic Board-certified surgeon in Japan
About Minimally Invasive SpineCARE
Minimally Invasive SpineCARE® is Dallas-Fort Worth’s premier spine center and is a member of the vertically-integrated Lumin Health system. Minimally Invasive SpineCARE’s physician-owned and operated clinics are dedicated to innovative and effective cervical, lumbar and thoracic spine relief. Their experienced, Board-certified physicians have successfully treated over 45,000 patients to date. Lumin Health’s other companies include PainCARE Institute, OrthoCARE Institute, Star Medical Center and others. For more information, go to www.spinecaredfw.com.
About Back Pain Centers of America
Back Pain Centers of America (BPC) has helped people find safe, reliable relief for chronic pain since 2009. The call centers match patients searching for relief for neck and back pain to reputable, board-certified healthcare practices in their geographic area. BPC has the largest network of minimally-invasive spine centers in America. This service is free to patients. For more information for patients, please visit www.backpaincenters.com. For spine practices interested in joining the network, please visit www.backpaincentersofamerica.com. Also follow BPC on LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter.
# # #
Erika Rosenthal, VP Strategy and Healthcare Partnerships, Back Pain Centers of America, ERosenthal@backpaincentersofamerica.com
Find Out if We Are Right for Your Practice